Welcome to St Oswalds Ladybirds Pre-school AshbourneEstablished since 1987 and classed as Good by Ofsted, we provide high quality care for children aged between two and five years old ensuring that our children have the very best start to their education. We have very good links with St. Oswald's Infant School but we operate as a preschool independently. We are able to work together to foster good relationships and ensure continuity of learning. We visit the school regularly before the children start school. Click here to download our ‘All About Us’ booklet.
Our AimsWe believe that parents are the first educators and play an important role in a child’s development.
By the time your child comes to pre-school, a great amount of learning has already taken place. We aim to work in partnership with parents to provide :
- a happy, secure and friendly environment where the whole child can develop.
- equal opportunities for each child to stimulate their interests and knowledge and broaden their experiences.
- opportunities for each child to become a valued member of our group, enabling them to develop individually.
- a carefully planned Early Years Curriculum with purposeful activities, meeting the needs of each individual child and building on what they can do already.
The aim of our pre-school is to support parents in their essential role. We will :
- encourage parents to be an active part of their child’s pre-school experience
- listen to your views, concerns and suggestions to help improve the quality of your child’s care and education.
- celebrate with you your child’s achievements and progress.
- encourage parents on an individual basis to play an active part in the groups activities.
- ensure that all parents are fully informed about meetings and parents training opportunities for themselves that they can access.